Monday, April 8, 2013

After a two hour jam on Saturday morning and another hour jam tonight I'm starting to get back into the swing of playing the old standard tunes in bluegrass that often frequent jam circles.  I asked around and found a couple more places to look for bluegrass jams and meetings and one gal playing an autoharp told me that there is supposedly a jam every Saturday morning in Vista that I want to look into soon.  Tonight's jam was pretty unsual, a night of mandolins and banjos.  Next time I hit up a jam I'm going to ask if I can make some recordings, and maybe ask one of my fellow mandolin players if they might be interested in being interviewed.

Here is the link for the Poway Folk Circle Meet up if anyone is curious or wants to bring an acoustic instrument and play some American folk tunes with us.

http://www.powayfolkcircle.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment